Do you think that you know Jesus? See how
many of these questions you can answer about Jesus and His teaching. Read the
passages carefully to check your answers.
1. Jesus described Himself as “meek and lowly” (Matthew 11:28).
Is this the only “side” we should see of Jesus? For example, in the Book of Revelation, what weapon is pictured as coming out of his mouth? Revelation 1:16; 2:16; 19:15.
2. Jesus is the “lamb of God” (John 1:29), but what other animal
is He likened to? Revelation 5:5.
3. When Jesus found moneychangers doing business in the temple, what action
did He take? John 2:13-17.
4. Does Jesus hate false doctrine? Revelation
5. Will Jesus have fellowship with you if you teach false doctrine? 2 John 9.
6. What does Jesus call it when someone teaches a doctrine that comes from
man and not from Him? Matthew 15:9.
7. Fill in the blank: “I am the way, the __________, and the life.”
8. According to Acts 2:36, Jesus is “both Lord and Christ.” What
does Jesus expect of those who call Him Lord? Luke 6:46.
9. Jesus calls Himself the “good shepherd” (John 10:11). How should His sheep respond to Him? John
10:27; Revelation 14:4. Should His sheep listen to anyone other than Him? John 10:5.
10. Did Jesus ever warn people about hell? Mark 9:43-48; Matthew
5:22; 5:28-30; 10:28; 25:41-46.
11. Will Jesus condemn or punish anyone in the Day of Judgment? Matthew
7:21-23; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9.
12. Did Jesus describe the number who would be saved as few or many?
13. Who will Jesus save? Hebrews 5:8-9.
14. On the question—what must I do to be saved?—what did Jesus tell His apostles to preach? Mark 16:15-16; Luke 24:46-47.
15. Will you stand before Jesus one day? 2 Corinthians 5:9-11.
16. On what basis will He judge you? 2 Corinthians 5:10; John
12:48; Matthew 16:27.
17. Who is the brother, sister, and mother of Jesus? Matthew
18. How did Jesus want His followers to express their love for Him?
John 14:15, 21, 23-24.
19. How can you know for sure that you know Jesus? 1 John 2:3-5.
20. How can you know for sure that you have a “relationship” with Jesus (you in Him, and Him
in you)? 1 John 3:24.
21. Jesus died for you. What should you now do for Him? 2 Corinthians
5:14-15; Galatians 2:20; Titus 2:14.
22. Should you ever refuse to do anything Jesus tells you to do? Matthew
16:24; 28:20; Acts 3:22-23.
23. How many churches did Jesus promise to build? Matthew 16:18.
24. Does Jesus want his followers to be united or divided? John
25. What is Jesus’ “position” in relation to the church? Colossians
1:18; Ephesians 5:23.
26. What, then, is the church’s responsibility to Jesus? Ephesians
27. Should the church practice or teach anything that is not taught by Jesus?
Colossians 2:8, 20-23.
28. Is Jesus demanding?—does He demand a lot from us? Luke
29. Should anything He asks of us be considered a burden? Matthew
11:28-30; 1 John 5:3.
30. Do you know Jesus as well as you thought you did?
We hope you have enjoyed this series on the identity of Jesus. Please let us know using the e-mail addresses
given in this series table of contents.